Technology and Apps
Below are a selection of apps that people with ASC find useful.
Molehill Mountain – App to help autistic people understand and self-manage anxiety. Explore the causes and symptoms of anxiety, track worries and situations that trigger anxiety. (Free)
Choiceworks – Helps autistic users manage their daily routines through a scheduler that categorizes tasks in sequential order, while also indicating which tasks have been completed and which still have to be done. iOS devices (£6.99)
Brain in Hand – On demand support system that gives people access to personalised support from their smartphone. Gives access to reminders, notes, coping strategies. Prompts to regularly rate anxiety levels. There is a monthly cost for the package. iOS and Android
Headspace – Mindfulness meditation app, to help with managing anxiety and emotions. The app has visual videos to explain mindfulness. First 10 sessions are free. Then there is a monthly/yearly subscription.
- Social Comprehension – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/social-comprehension/id639370117?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D8
- Autism Express – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autismxpress/id343549779?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D8
- Autism 5 point Scale – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autism-5-point-scale-ep/id467303313?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Miracle Modus – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.seebs.apps.modus&hl=en
- Assistive Express – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assistive-express/id379891874?mt=8
- Choiceworks – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/choiceworks/id486210964?mt=8
- Brain in hand – http://braininhand.co.uk/